October 7, 2005
Linda and I have just returned from China where we were privileged to
join Pastor/Missionary Mike Johnson of Family Faith Center in
Pflugerville, Texas, and Pastors Walter and Joycelyn Henderson of Berean
Family Worship Center, Milwaukee, WI and Pastor Chan Lee of
Malaysia, for a very vital and strategic project of conducting a Frontline
Shepherds Conference to the underground church leaders of China. Chuck and
Wendy Lenhart our missionary contacts in Hunan Province have been actively
reaching the minority people groups of China for 15 years. There are 140
major minority people groups in China many of which are unreached.
There is only one recognized church in China, the Three Self Church. Each
person must register and register for the Three Self Bible, which, of
course allows the government to know who has a Bible. It is also illegal
to witness to or involve anyone under the age of 18 in Christian/Gospel
work or activity.
This ministry team was sponsored and supported by Global Advance, which
by David Shibley (who has trained over 250,000 indigenous leaders in 70
nations). The church in China is now estimated to be in excess of 150
million believers; the largest number of believers in any one
nation in the world. It is estimated that the house church movement in
China is growing at a rate of 38,000 per day being added to the church.
The task of training and mentoring is daunting, and very dangerous to the
believers in China.
During our stay the following ministry milestones where witnessed and
our hearts where moved by the passion and vision that the Chinese
believers exhibit to see their nation receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Those milestones are as follows:
Strategy and Focus - South Central China, Hunan Province
Minorities represented: Yao , Y (ee), Naxi (Nashee), Hani (Hunee),
Key Ministry Milestones:
- Training and development of indigenous leaders to increase effective
church health and growth of the house church movement.
- To further develop the apostolic networks needed in those regions to
link believers together to advance the Kingdom of God in their city and
- Bring life transformation to the social, governmental, educational
and market place arenas.
- To facilitate a model of the five governmental offices of
Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers, working
together as a team to impact national church leadership for completing
the great commission of Mark 16:15-20.
- High Security Travel -Ministry team was escorted by
car 4 hours south toward the Vietnam border to a training safe house for
3 days -arriving at 2 AM in the morning. Local believers risk
interrogation, punishment and imprisonment for themselves and their
- Regional Representation-Approximately 55-60 leaders
where present from as far as 500KM distance or about 700 miles. Five
major church groups were represented.
- Directional Dreams Given-Two leaders from a nearby
village were led to the training by a dream the previous night, met
other believers who were on their way to the training, who then
directed them to the safe house.
- Demonstration of the Spirit and Power- Many believers
received the infilling of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of their new
language, and were set free of demonic strongholds and generational
curses in their lives.
- Impartation of Spiritual Truths- A powerful venue
- Faith That Won't Give Up
- Bringing Generational Blessings
- Freedom that Lasts
- Your Faith has a Purpose
- Spiritual Warfare and Being a Person of Intercession
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit
- The Book of Ruth - Favor by Design
- Handling Adversities in Life
- Being a Steward of the Mysteries of God
- God-pleasing Faith
- Missionary Fellowship Experiences Breakthrough Gatherings-
On Sunday September 18th a powerful time of worship, prophecy and prayer
unfolded with three powerful messages by our Global Advance Team. This
culminated a 21-day Daniel fast by the International Missionary
Fellowship in the city of Kunming. Many people experienced very tangible
breakthroughs in their ministries for new strategies, direction and
provision for the task of reaching China's masses and bringing
transformation to the city and region.
- Financial Release for projects- $2,000 dollars was
given to Pastor Chan Lee of Malaysia for the outreach project to the
Muslims of Northwest China and other key financial gifts where released
during this gathering on the 18th for key strategic projects aimed at
national training and development of leaders.
Summary: Key Prayer needs spoken by the Chinese believers:
- Pray that the influence and activity of religious cults be
paralyzed and a spirit of deception broken off the Christian
- Pray that God will raise up strong leaders for the many local
congregations without leadership.
- Many are fragmented and ineffective because leaders are weak and
fall into compromise.
- Pray that the strongholds of Buddhism will be pulled down, the people
of China will begin to hear the voice of God and receive revelation
of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Specifically a large statue of Buddha is visible from many
kilometers in the region and is home to a Buddhist monastery, and
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to move among the Muslims
of China through indigenous missionaries and laborers.
- Pray for the "gateway cities" of Kunming and Beijing... That
the gates of those cities be open to the revealed truth of the Word
- So that the transformation of cities and regions be realized
at every level of society - thus giving way to governmental changes
and favor toward the underground church and it's redemptive impact
on the nation.
- Prayer for the families of Christian communities to be healed and
restored through deliverance and the applied truth of the gospel.
Linda and I are so grateful for the confidence each of you have placed in
us and the mandate we have to help bring the government of God on the
Earth. We are now in preparation for our 2006 Transformation Projects in
North India, and China, and we value your prayers and your partnership as we
bring the gospel of Jesus Christ in demonstration of the Spirit and in
Your partners in the harvest,
Wade and Linda
In Him J
Wade and Linda Thompson